Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Friday, December 7, 2007

An almost picture perfect moment



On Wednesday we had our first snowfall of the year. It was really pretty. And just the kind of snow storm you want...big, pretty flakes but not sticking to the roads. Dillon insisted on letting his beloved horses, "Spirit" and "Rain," run in the snow (like they do on the movie). After his cheeks turned a nice rosy pink I suggested we go inside and get some hot chocolate and cookies. I was so excited to have a fun, festive moment with my little boy.

So I filled up a little cup for him and before I could sit down with my own cup, he had spilled a large amount onto his lap. For me, the next 15 minutes went something like this: Have a sip of cocoa, hurry and grab a washcloth and wipe off Dillon, have a sip of cocoa, get a cookie for each of us, take a sip, grab a spoon to fish out a whole cookie from Dillon's cup, have a sip, grab the washcloth again, sip, fish out another cookie and explain AGAIN, "Dillon just dip the cookie and take a bite. Don't drop the whole cookie in." etc, etc. It was still fun to sit in our warm apartment drinking cocoa while the beautiful snow fell outside, needless to say, it was a little more hectic than I planned. My sister, Kamie, reminded me today that most moments with children turn out this way. It's part of the fun.

I love being a mom, especially to such a sweet little boy. He really is the best and I'm grateful for all the one-on-one time we get! I love my boy!!!

2 comments:

Luke said...

Haha, Dillon looks so cute playing in the snow-it sounds like you had a wonderful time playing with horsies in the snow..hot chocolate, cookies..it sounds like christmas! ..it snowed about four inches here today. Well,Fun pictures, i hope all is well in Virginia!

-Pukers

jenny said...

I'd say that is about as "perfect" as it gets!! He is so adorable :)