Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Moving :) :(

Moving -- what an adventure!  The best part for the boys was when the big truck came to get Dad's car.
 It kept them entertained on one of the hottest days of the year!
 We had a nice little going away gathering with so many wonderful people.  It was sooo hard to leave all of them -- still really sad about it :(
 Love these boys together!
 My besties and I all had our matching bracelets on!
 We had a few last minute playdates -- mainly when awesome friends were watching my kids so I could pack.
It was a sad day when we had to say goodbye to Reddy Freddy.  But I think it's for the best -- he may not have survived the drive.

Then the real fun began.
 


We had so many angels come to our rescue and help us out.  Everything from loading, to cleaning, to babysitting and dinner.  It was amazing! THANK YOU!


 Not sure why we look so happy -- maybe because the end of packing was in sight.
 Then the tears began.
 When I looked back at how much our children have grown in that house it made it really hard to leave.  I told the landlords they would have to clean this off, I just couldn't do it.
 More tears.
These two were the angels that made the final push -- we could not have made it without them.

 One final evening with friends
 
The next morning we hit the road.  It was harder than I even imagined.  So many great friends and memories. Chicago was really good to us.  It was a hard chapter to close. 
 
Stay tuned for the adventures of driving across the country!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Come back! :) Love you Nan.

Thanks picture with Caleb on my lap makes me want to burst into tears. I miss that baby!