Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Eve 2014

We had our first of probably many Chandler/Tucker Christmas Eve celebrations.  During the day the dads took the older boys to Jump Time to attempt to wear them out and help pass the hours -- waiting for Santa can seem like forever! Then we all joined together for dinner and Christmas Eve festivities.  I am so grateful I get to plan the fun with this girl.  Love you Amy Jo!
We went with breakfast for dinner.  Gingerbread waffles, sausage, eggs, fruit etc.  Pretty yummy and definitely a hit with the kiddos (extra bonus: we had leftover waffles the next morning!)


 Then it was time to recreate the Nativity. There were some pretty cute shepherds running around our house!
 It wasn't the most reverent reading of Luke 2, but we got through it and I got one picture that actually captured all the kids (and lots of blurry ones too)
 Then off to the piano room for carols.  I even pulled out my violin and Aaron, his ukulele
 I always love when this girl climbs on my lap!
 Next, it was jammie time!
 Trying to get all these kids to pose is nearly impossible!
 All lined up for the Pajama Parade!
 Dance!  Dance!  Dance!
 Even without jammies, this guy can move!

While we celebrated inside, a beautiful dusting of snow fell outside, just in time for Christmas!  It was perfect!  We had a hard time keeping the jammie-wearing boys from jumping right in.

It was such a great day and I really feel so grateful to be able to celebrate holidays with family so close.  Every time I think about Chicago my heart hurts.  I miss those people so much.  But it is so sweet to see our boys creating memories with their cousins. A blessing indeed. 

No comments: