Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, March 8, 2010

Mom, where's the mouse?

Last week we made a trip to our local library and, as always, Dillon ran straight for his two favorite sections--Transportation and Dinosaurs. As I took the stack he brought me to the front counter, I noticed a book called "The Field Mouse and The Dinosaur Named Sue." When we got home it was one of the first books we read. It's a cute little story about a mouse who lives peacefully in a nice burrow beneath an old bone. His life is turned upside down when a strange group of people show up and start working and pounding all around him. He ventures out and upon returning discovers that the roof of his beloved home--his special bone--is gone! He is determined to find his bone and embarks upon an adventure that lands him at the Field Museum in CHICAGO, IL! His search for his special bone continues amidst the commotion in the museum until one day when he finally finds his roof, in the foot of the biggest T-Rex in the world--Sue. So he makes himself a nice little nest there, right under Sue's foot, happy to be home.Today Dillon got to meet SUE! As he gazed up at her, he turned and quietly asked, "Mom, where's the field mouse?" I told him he probably hides when all the people are there and just comes out at night! It was magical to watch his face as he thought about that little mouse.

I love children's books and I love reading with children, especially my own.

3 comments:

Janelle Dobson said...

Oh so cute! I didn't get your message until 1:30- I totally forgot about the whole thing because I was just concentrating all my efforts on getting my grocery shopping done. Sorry to bail on you like that- but it was a bit late for us anyway. I'm planning on taking the kids to the Museuam of Science and Technology on March 18th. Hope you can come with us!

Jason Borg said...

That is so cool! The book really came to life, that's always the best. :)

CraigFrame said...

That's cute. Quite the thinker. Sounds like something my Haley would ask.