Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Labor of Love

Aaron's wonderful mother handmade Christmas stockings for all of her children. This last Christmas Aaron and I kept arguing about whether or not to continue that little tradition. It sounded like a lot of work to me. But Aaron didn't approve of any store bought stockings I found. So I finally caved in. Aaron's sisters are also working on stockings so they were my moral support. The fun part was that I didn't tell Aaron. I've been secretly working on Wesley's stocking for the past couple months. Last week I realized that if I hurried I could have it finished by Easter and that would be an excuse to let Aaron in on my little secret. So on Easter morning there was a suspicious package that read "To Daddy and Wesley." Aaron was very surprised to see the completed stocking for Wesley and another, not yet started, stocking for Dillon.
I'm pretty proud of myself for doing something so domestic. This has truly been a labor of love. I am not a seamstress and this is a lot of work. But I love my husband A LOT and this is one little way I can show him that. Happy Easter/Merry Christmas Aaron!

3 comments:

Becca said...

That's hilarious! It looks so beautiful!

Becky and Ryan said...

Wow I am impressed. Way better than store bought!

The Wilker Family said...

The stocking looks great! Good job!