Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, February 22, 2010

Our V-day present

My awesome husband came up with a great idea for a combined Valentine present for both of us. It was much needed, kind of boring, but kind of fun and romantic too--new bedding! We have had the same bedding for almost 7 years and it was time! I've never liked having a down comforter. I sweat no matter the temperature. Getting new bedding was a process---running back and forth between different stores, mixing and matching throw pillows, bed skirts, etc. But we finally have a finished product that I am really excited about. Happy Valentine's Day to us! Next step--replace the terrible Walmart furniture.
He even let me get matching towels for our bathroom!
I still got roses! And he still got his traditional breakfast in bed (heart-shaped french toast). But it was especially impressive this year, since I had to get up at 5:00 AM to do it so he could get to early morning church meetings. I must love him A LOT!

9 comments:

Jones Family said...

Love the bedding Nan. Way to go! ...and heart-shaped french toast!?!? Wow, you really make me look bad!

jenny said...

I L.O.V.E it...the bedding and the french toast! Way to go.

Kimberly Porter said...

I love the pillow on your bedding! Those colors are beautiful. I just love getting fun decorations.

Debbie and Bobby said...

Love the color choice (p.s. at least you have a headboard...we still haven't even made it there,lol!)

Janelle Dobson said...

Lovely- way to go Aaron! We totally have the same Walmart furniture. Gotta love plywood!

Becky R. said...

Way cute! Someday I just hope to have a bed frame... :)

CraigFrame said...

Very cute. And my picture being cute? Cole has a crying smile as he had an ear infection that day :) Your family picture is way cute! What syrup do you use for your french toast? I have the best syrup recipe, if you ever want it, let me know! Maybe you already have it?!?

Sue A. Frame said...

That's what I thought! It looked like the buttermilk recipe. Okay..you already have it. I have the same one...or similar thereto I'm guessing...since it is buttermilk. The best syrup ever!! I have 2 versions of it...both the same, but one has cinnamon added to it. Have you ever tried it with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon? I like it with no cinnamon, but Craig likes it with cinnamon. Anyway...good job with everything! I will be trying that chili recipe soon!

Arizona Girl said...

Love the colors in your bedroom set. Just wanted to let you know I posted the rest of how I am teaching "Follow the Prophet". Good Luck.