Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Birthday weekend

The fun thing about having a birthday on Friday is that you get to celebrate all weekend. All throughout the week and on Friday I received several cards and packages (thanks for the cinnamon bears and Danish dessert!!) and the most beautiful flowers from my awesome siblings. Honestly, it is one of the prettiest arrangements I've ever seen. That night we had a Relief Society (church) dinner and it was a gift in and of itself to be able to go without children. When I got home my awesome hubby was helping the boys clean their rooms and then they gave me my big present . . .
A Bosch mixer!
I've really enjoyed cooking and baking lately and will have even more fun now! Saturday night my awesome hubby took me to the opera! Marriage of Figaro--a fun romantic comedy. What an incredible experience--amazing talent. And thanks to a full house the only two seats together were pretty sweet ones, so it really was a first class experience!
We had some great seafood before the opera. Here's a fuzzy pic with my hot date!
Despite my whining and attempts to plan my own party, Aaron managed to pull off a little surprise get-together Sunday night. I'm so sorry babe that I made it so hard for you!! The kids did a sweet job with the decorations.
I always love the excuse to get together with friends. I made the ladies pose for a picture. Notice the flowers . . . I had to bring them along.
I had a wonderful birthday weekend even though I was a little sick--thank heaven for Z-packs. The best part of birthdays is realizing how many amazing people I am blessed to know. I received cards, emails and Facebook messages from so many wonderful friends. I am one lucky gal and have a lot for which to be grateful. Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

Becky said...

LOVE my Bosch. It was the first Christmas present I got from Matt. He wanted me to make more bread. ;)
Glad you had a great birthday.

Bahar said...

Hi. your children are so cute.I have a part in my blog wich i named it " I wish ..."
Ilike your chilren take part in this competition too.