Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rascal Flatts!

I think few groups are actually worth seeing in concert. But Rascal Flatts is one group we've always wanted to see, so when we found out they were coming to Chicago, we had to get tickets. The concert was at an outdoor amphitheater, and the weather was perfect. Only downer to an outside venue--smokers everywhere. We also had quite the couple seated across the aisle from us. It's amazing they kept their clothes on! Good times! All the people in country gear made it feel like home--Idaho! Aaron and I had a great time together. And it was our last little drive in the Accord too! :( Kellie Pickler opened for them. Originally I wasn't thrilled about that, but she actually did a great job and has a cute little personality. Plus, I don't think you could come up with a better name for a female country singer if you tried. Go Kellie!
The crowd went crazy when Rascal Flatts came out and didn't sit down for the rest of the night. They really know how to entertain.The fun thing with concerts is seeing how the group interacts and where the real talent comes from----not always the lead singer.
Life is a highway...
It's fun to go to a concert where you know almost every word of every song. It's amazing I had a voice the next day. I was singing at the top of my lungs! The only songs we didn't know were from their new album coming out in November.
Great group, perfect weather, hot date, fun night. Go Rascal Flatts!

5 comments:

Jones Family said...

oh man!! I'm so jealous! I'm sure that was an awesome concert!....and, did you sell the accord?? already? Glad you had a good time!

Justin and JoLyn said...

We went to one of their concerts in Boise, and the volulme was so loud... I felt like my ears were going to bleed by the time it was over. It made it hard to enjoy. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though! Oh-and I like your mini van! They're the best!

Nan and Aaron said...

It was a little loud, but that's just how concerts are, right??

And yes, the Accord is already gone. Sniff sniff!

Diana, Jason, and Blake said...

Holy crap, you sold the accord and bought a minivan, what's happening to you...says Jason.

I've seen Rascal Flatts in concert and I agree, definitely worth it! I'm glad that you guys are getting out and having some fun:) Don't you love some of those couples you see at concerts? I guess that PDA rules don't apply at concerts? haha. We miss you two so much!
Diana

Sarah and Trent said...

OH my heck that is awesome!! I would LOVE to go to a Rascall Flatts Concert!! But I don't know if they can live up to the Barry Manilow concert I went to. He set a pretty high standard :)