Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Friday, September 3, 2010

We did it...

...entered the world of mini-van owners! We dragged our feet for a long time, but they are so nice with kids--little features you don't think you need, but realize they are really nice to have. We'd been looking at used listings for a while, test-drove a few vans, and missed out on several good deals---these babies sell fast! We were suddenly consumed with van shopping. So in an attempt to get back to normal life we just pulled the trigger and bought one--an '06 Honda Odyssey. I love it. And so do the boys. They really like riding in the "noo boo ban!" But I am going to be really sad when I say goodbye to my Accord. It's been an awesome car! We have a few people coming to look at it tomorrow. Sniff, sniff!
So, now we're really ready for visitors--hint hint! Curbside service at the airport! I can fit a whole group AND luggage in the new blue van!!!

7 comments:

Becca said...

We just bought an '06 Odyssey too! I love it, but I do miss driving our Sentra :(. Congrats!! Isn't car buying fun?? NOT!

Janelle Dobson said...

Way to take the plunge! Road trips will be so much more enjoyable now. Kim about died when she saw me drive up in a mini-van- don't you feel like you're finally an adult now?

Becky said...

I am totally terrified of minivans, but you just can't fit three car seats in a Camry. I'm holding out for a Murano, though. :) I told The Hubs he can have another baby when I get a bigger car. It seems a fair trade.

Jeremy said...

Ahh, a Honda. They really know how to build a great machine. Congrats, and enjoy.

Nan and Aaron said...

Yeah, I think I'm kind of a Honda snob. I couldn't get rid of my Honda without replacing it with another one.

Annie Ogle said...

Wasn't your car at BYU a Camry named Camilla? Or did I get that wrong? Minivans are cliche but are actually very roomy for packing in the family plus stuff. May as well embrace the mommy-mobile :)

Maile said...

You will love it--I promise! Welcome to the land of soccer moms!