Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Dear Grandfather

My Grandpa Petty passed away a couple weeks ago. This was the first grandparent I've lost. I've been lucky to have all 4 grandparents alive and very much a part of my life. He was such a wonderful man who did so much. One of the most unique things about him was that he was so busy professionally, as a doctor, but still found time for family and plenty of hobbies. He was an excellent painter (notice in the picture), fisherman, pianist, gardener, cook (his specialty was pancakes!) and bird watcher. I was lucky enough to do each of those things with him at some point---living a mile away from him growing up. He will definitely be missed. I love you Grandpa.
Stay tuned for a recap of the funeral trip home.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Natalie, I'm sorry for your loss. It's wonderful to have adult roll models, even as an adult, on which to model our lives.
On a happier note, your boys are getting so BIG! I can hardly believe it. Dillon is quite the grown up boy!