Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weekend with Grandma and Grandpa

Less than a week after returning from Idaho, my parents came to Chicago! They had already planned their trip before we knew we'd be home for the funeral. (My dad had a medical conference) But even though we'd just seen them, it was a totally different story having them on OUR TURF! We loved it! My boys couldn't get enough of them. Some of the best times were just playing games, doing puzzles, reading books and playing outside.
We introduced them to Chicago style pizza the first night they were here. We ventured down to the city and did a quick driving tour of some of the city, and then we parked so we could walk through Navy Pier. We got Chicago style hot dogs and popcorn while we were there too!
Grumpy Chandler boys for pictures---but my mom was really excited that the person that took this picture was from London and had a great accent!
The boys always love the Thomas train at Navy Pier.
I tried to get Oprah tickets while my mom was here and was unsuccessful, but I at least drove her by to see the studio.
Grandpa was the best babysitter. He rode bikes, went on walks, gave baths, drove Dillon to school, put boys in bed, etc. My mom is the best book reader, train player, back scratcher and kitchen cleaner. So the two of them together are a great team. I keep hoping I'll get them back here when I have the baby.
We went to a local farm to get a feel for the season.
Of course the boys loved the train
and the animals
and the blow up toys
and the hayride.
My mom loved all the signs you can put your faces in Thanks so much for coming Mom and Dad. We loved having you and are hoping you'll come back soon. End of April? First of May?? Hint! Hint!

No comments: