Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Break with Heather & Bradley: Part I

When my doctor advised against me traveling anywhere for Spring Break we decided we needed to maximize the fun here at home. What better way than to fly my super fun sister, Heather and her son Bradley here to spend the week and play. Unfortunately we had several bumps in the road---sick children, big uncomfortable hostess, bad weather, etc.----but I must say, we did a pretty good job of having fun despite the odds. I tried to capture some of the fun. We ventured to Naperville to the Dupage Children's Museum
Wesley was running all over the place--he's getting pretty crazy these days.
Their faces don't show it, but the boys loved the water area.
Once again, we sent them into the wind tunnel to dry off after the water fun.
And how can you not love story time with an 83-year-old Cat in the Hat!
Cute cousins!
The next day we took a last minute afternoon trip into the city via train. Dillon has been begging me for weeks to ride.
We had an hour to do something in the city so we decided to go to the top of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower. Richelle, this picture is for you!
It was hard to get a good picture at the top but here's my beautiful sister.
This one is super dark, but that's probably good---you can't see how HUGE I am.
Heather and I were both totally freaked out by the glass bottom ledge, but the boys were much more brave---and apparently Wesley was a little grumpy too!
It was fun to have a little city walking time, although it was a little too cold to really enjoy it. But like I said, we made the most of the situation-- laughing at ourselves breaking handicap doors, nearly setting off a fire alarm and accidentally pulling off a bathroom door knob! Stay tuned for more fun in part 2!

1 comment:

Kimberly Porter said...

Wow, I agree. That glass floor is totally freaky! I went to the Sear's tower when I was 12. It was an amazing view! Your boys are so cute!