Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, March 28, 2011

A new decade

So I have officially left my 20s. It's kind of weird to enter a whole new decade. My 20s were great. A lot happened in those ten years--college graduation, marriage, 2 children, at least 6 moves, 4 states, 3 jobs for me--4 if you count Mommying, 2 degrees for Aaron, etc. etc. I had a great birthday. Aaron and I left the house around noon on Friday and did a little shopping. It was so nice to just walk in and out of stores, holding hands without pushing a stroller or buckling a car seat or anything. We grabbed a little lunch and a Blizzard before hopping in the car and heading to New Buffalo, Michigan.
(This is a pic of us in the garage before leaving)
Our hotel was right on Lake Michigan. This was the view from our room--the "Harbor view" Unfortunately it was just too cold to do much walking around the cute little town. But we had a nice dinner and watched Disney's Princess and the Frog. In the morning we had breakfast in bed before checking out---a great way to start my birthday! We headed back to Chicago. My awesome sister somehow survived the 24 hours with three children even though Wesley was kind of sick. She's awesome. The boys had colored me little birthday pics and it was good to kiss their cute little faces. I really tried to work the birthday thing with Dillon and get him to be extra nice to me that day. That night for dinner we got Chicago-style pizza so Heather could try it out while she was in town. Afterward we had some friends over for cake. Wesley loved singing to Mom How's that for a birthday picture?!
It was a great day. I am so grateful to wonderful family and friends that made it extra special. Today I went and got a spa pedicure thanks to my awesome siblings. I am one lucky girl and have had a great 30 years. Here's to the next decade!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! Love the pictures ;) And the poetry by Aaron... more please.