Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nine Years of Bliss!

This was us ... nine years ago today!
And at our reception...
I'm so lucky to have been married to this amazing man for the last 9 years. He really is awesome. And I feel like we've done this whole marriage thing pretty well and think we compliment each other well. And we still have a lot of fun together. It's weird how you start to think and act alike and respond to situations the same way. I'm just really grateful he got on his knee, in a treehouse, 9 years and 4 months ago, and asked me to marry him. And I was really smart and said YES! I love you Aaron, more than anything in the world! Happy Anniversary! 

We celebrated with a night away in the city this last Friday. It was really fun. We walked the Magnificent Mile and did a little shopping and then went to Heaven on Seven for dinner. It's Southern Cajun style cooking and it was delicious! While we were eating, Conan O'Brien suddenly walked right behind Aaron as he was leaving the restaurant. We felt pretty cool that we had a celebrity sighting. We got to sleep in a little before Aaron had to get back to work and I had to get back to my suburb responsibilities :)  But it was nice to have a little "us" time. Thanks to our awesome friends that watched our kids!

With crazy, busy life, we haven't been able to do anything too exciting today. That is until we discovered this:

...a baby bunny trapped in the window well of our basement window. We talked through our options and obviously didn't do enough planning, because we ended up with this:

Yes, he got in! We tried to get him to go straight from the window well to a box, but he jumped right over it. Man, that little guy could hop! We chased him around for a while and finally got him cornered and into the box. Let's just say it was an eventful 1/2 hour -- an anniversary we'll never forget! I'm so proud of my manly husband for catching him!!!!

1 comment:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Happy 9 years you two! What a wonderful couple you are. And the bunny thing cracked me up...picturing you trying to catch it in your house. No doubt, I would have been screaming!!! Love you guys.