Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sweet little spirit


This little guy definitely has a sweet little spirit inside.  He loves reading the scripture stories written for children.  He gets so excited and asks all kinds of questions while I'm reading.  He wants to know which caption I'm reading and who is who in each picture.  He is sincerely interested. 

His favorite song at church is "Nephi's Courage."  A couple weeks ago we read the story of Nephi and the plates. (Nephi is a prophet in the Book of Mormon) Wesley got so excited, shouting, "This is the story in the song!"  He held on to every word I read, asking all kinds of questions as we went along.  As we finished up I asked him," Wesley, how to do you feel right now, as we're talking about Nephi."   His response,
" I feel like I have smiles in my belly." 
It was such a sweet moment and since that time we've talked a lot about feeling smiles in our bellies.  My sweet little boy is starting to recognize the feelings of the Spirit -- what a tender process for this mommy.  I've needed those moments in between all the other crazy frustrating ones that come with parenting.  I love my sweet boys and am so grateful for a knowledge of Jesus Christ and His gospel that I can teach to my children.


1 comment:

Emily said...

That is so sweet! And what a perfect description. What a good boy. :)