Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Friday, December 7, 2012

Brittany and Luke: Part 2 - Day in the City

We were blessed with super warm temps for November so we headed to the city to see it on foot.
 The train ride is always a highlight when we go into the city.
(Sorry I didn't crop some of these)
 Caleb LOVES Luke.  So fun to watch them together throughout the week.
 Brothers
 After a stop at Aaron's office, and Naf Naf Grill for some Mediterranean food, we headed to the Christkindlmarket a.k.a. The German Christmas Market.
 I love browsing all the little shops.  I got a cute little rocking horse ornament to add to our collection.
 The line to get into Santa's House wasn't so bad, so we did it.  I was looking forward to hearing what the boys really want for Christmas, so I was disappointed when Wesley's response was, " I haven't decided yet."  How is Santa supposed to start working on his present if he doesn't know what he wants?!
 Dillon wants an expensive Polar Express train set.  Ummm, Santa might have a hard time with that one too!
 From the market, we continued our walking tour of the city, passing the awesome decorations at Macey's.
 The window displays are always so fun.
 Then onto The Bean at Millennium Park.  Obviously Brittany is used to posing with her husband....ha!
 My boys LOVED having their aunt and uncle here!
 Wesley was too busy jumping around doing Karate moves to get in this picture!
 We walked up Michigan Ave to my favorite spot in the city and then the lovebirds headed out to Navy Pier and I headed to the water Taxi with the boys so we could get back to the train and head home.  My crew wasn't up for another 3 miles of walking :)
 Bummed this pic didn't turn out better.  You get the idea!
 Not real sanitary, but kind of cute.
Great day in the city.  Thankfully Aaron was able to join me on the train ride home with three crazy, I mean awesome, boys.  We love CHICAGO!!!!

No comments: