Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, November 23, 2009

Old and New Friends

A couple weeks back one of our good high school friends came to stay for a few days. He brought with him his wife, 2 kids, brother-in-law and his wife. We had such a great time with them. We packed a lot of fun into a few short days. The first stop was the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Not only did we find some awesome animals, but we also found some great leaves! The boys were asking for the bears the whole time and we finally found them at the very end. They were all pretty excited.
I truly consider Emily a new friend. She is such a sweetheart.
From the Zoo, we had a great view of the Hancock building.
We went straight from the Zoo to the family free night at the Children's Museum. I'd forgotten how fun that place is.
Wesley's favorite part was the water area.
But the rain jackets were way too big for him so he got drenched!!! We had to take off all his clothes and hold them under a hand dryer so he wouldn't freeze on the way home.
We took a trip to IKEA and got a much needed break from the boys when they went to the play area. Then I watched all the boys so the "adults" could go down to the city for dinner and the world's greatest dessert--Jackie's Chocolate Bag!
Saturday we went into the city to walk the Magnificent Mile.
We stopped at the base of "The Mile" for a little photo shoot.
I love where Michigan Avenue crosses the river. It's my favorite part of the city.
Before heading home we stopped at Swirls, where I was introduced to gourmet cupcakes. They were amazing!
It was so fun having the Pattersons in our home--even though Dillon and Grant fought like cats and dogs a few times. We love having visitors and showing them around Chicago.

2 comments:

Emily said...

YEAY! Looking at those pictures put a smile on my face!! I really LOVED hanging out with you Natalie! My family felt so comfortable at your home! Thanks for letting us come and make such good memories! I'm going to post my pictures now... finally!!!

p.s. Grant talks about Dillon everyday!

Spencer P. said...

Hey, great pics. Thanks for letting us invade. It was really fun!