Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Big Trip: Part 5--Hawaiian Family time

(warning: picture overload!)
In addition to cousin time, it was so nice to have time together as a family while in Hawaii.
Activities included:
The beach
Dole Pineapple Plantation Riding the Pineapple Express was of course the favorite part for both of our boys.
On the train ride we had a beautiful view of the Island. Dillon pointed out the "Simba trees."
The Dole Whip was amazing!!
Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay
We got to drive my brother-in-law's fun car around and it definitely added to our island experience. My sis said we looked pretty "hot" with the top down!
Kamie made the trip for us by watching our kids one evening so Aaron and I could go to dinner and then two nights later watching them overnight so we could go down to the hotel on Waikiki alone! It was so nice to have some time with just us. It really started feeling like a vacation! (It helped that Aaron finally got to put work away!)
I finally got the taste of Polynesia I'd been looking for when we went to a Luau that night. I looked pretty white and ugly next to this beautiful Hawaiian girl putting on my fresh flower bracelet.
The food was super yummy. They served four different kinds of meat--all amazing! Sides included rice, sweet potatoes, poi, pineapple and pickled seaweed.
The dancers were awesome! They did dances from all the Polynesian Islands.
Our MC was Glenn Medeiros, which didn't mean anything until he started singing "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You." His big hit in 1987! It was awesome!
This the the view from our hotel room.
Kamie brought all the kids down to the hotel the next day so we could all swim together.
Notice poor Aaron's sunburn. Ouch! We overheard some kids referring to him as the "Red Lobster Man!"
We completed the experience with Pina Colodas, poolside.
We loved having the time together. I loved having help with the boys. The boys loved playing with their dad. Aaron loved the break from work, even though he had to work quite a bit. It was a fantastic trip, start to finish -- Utah, Idaho, Hawaii. We saw so many people we love and made memories I hope to never forget.
I'm a lucky gal!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you had so much fun!

Nicki said...

So beautiful! I am totally jealous! ;)