Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Friday, August 26, 2011

Four Months Old

Our Caleb man is 4 months old today. I think every month goes faster.
Caleb is a sweet boy. If he finds a face to look at he immediately flashes the biggest open mouth smile. He's found his giggle but still has a hard time really letting it out sometimes. As far as sleeping, he has good and bad nights. He's not usually up more than once, and often that once is at 6AM. He has a hard time staying asleep for his naps. I usually have to go back in half way through and rock him back to sleep. I know I should probably make him cry it out, but I just can't yet. That said, I figure I spend at least 3 hours of my day nursing and/or rocking to sleep -- and we wonder why my house doesn't look better. He definitely takes up my time, but he's so sweet I don't really mind. He's on a pretty good schedule with a good morning, afternoon and evening nap. And he usually goes down for the night around 8:30 or 9:00 -- depending on his big brothers! Speaking of, they are really having fun with him these days. Today Caleb grabbed onto Welsey's collar and got him laughing so hard thinking he was trying to tickle his neck. Dillon is fantastic with him and loves playing peek-a-boo with him.

Caleb has always got his little hands in his mouth and is pretty drooley. He's a great eater (every 3 hrs) and likes when we top him off with a little formula before bedtime. He has a distinct smell. I think it's a combination of breast milk and baby sweat, which sounds nasty, but I love it. Maybe that's why Aaron always calls me Momma Bear! What can I say, I just love the little man! When you wipe in between his fat rolls during a diaper change he giggles, thinking you're trying to play with him. And he's getting stronger on his tummy. When he's on his back he likes to arch his back and push his feet into the ground. He often scoots around that way. Today I found him right up at the top of his crib -- he's on the move! He's getting strong little legs. Strong enough that Daddy can do his trick (I'll have to post a pic of that soon). His new favorite place is in the Johnny Jump up.

We love our Caleb! Happy 4 months!

No comments: