Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Six Months Old!

Caleb is 6 months old today! Wow, this is going fast! I took lots of naked baby pics this month so we can remember his awesome rolls! He continues to be so smiley! Everywhere we go people comment how he is such a happy baby. He's making more noises. Grunting, sighing, moaning, whimpering, etc. He is especially vocal when he eats and boy, does this boy LOVE to eat! He's had rice cereal, squash, peas, beans, bananas, oatmeal, sweet potatoes and carrots. We just introduced puffs which is great since he just wants something in his mouth all the time. He needs to hurry and get some teeth so he can really have fun. When he wants something in his mouth, he smacks his lips and has even figured out how to click his tongue. We're working on the sleep thing. He was getting tricky, so here's how it works now. I always give him the option to be rocked to sleep, but if he fights me at all, he goes into the crib and gets to figure it out on his own. We did that a few times and he hardly ever fights me now. He'll take the cuddling (and I like it too!). This is another time he has become more vocal. As he relaxes he usually whimpers or groans a little. Sweet! We've had to do some middle of the night crying too. If he wakes up any time between 8 PM and 4 AM, he gets to cry himself back to sleep. After that, I'll usually give in. Last night he slept from 8:30 to 6AM. I went in then, let him eat, and he went right back to sleep until almost 8:00. I'll take it. Eventually we'll have to get rid of that early morning snack.
This was probably the last time I put him on the bed. He is rolling all over the place now. And he rotates on his stomach real fast. He does this funny thing I call 'beached whale' where he leaves his tummy on the ground but everything else is moving --legs and arms flapping all over. He's a pretty restless little dude, constantly moving. It's a rare moment when he just sits still on your lap.
He's also just started making the funniest face, usually when he is upset or tired. He squints his eyes shut while he whines. He usually points his face straight up and arches his back too. Funny boy.
Caleb can sit all by himself now. Eventually he'll fall over, but it takes a while. He looks like a little Buddha here.
We went to a Halloween playgroup today. I have another costume planned for our church party on Friday night (family theme), but I had to try this one out. And I must say, he is the cutest giraffe I have ever seen, although he is the last person that should be dressing as a tall, thin, long-necked animal -- I don't think he even has a neck!
Unfortunately things went down hill after the playgroup. I had Wesley hold him on his lap for less than one second and he pretty much just let go. Poor Caleb flopped right off the chair and face planted onto the hard wood floor. He and I had blood all over and I was sure he'd broken his nose or something. (We'll have to see how my shirt weathered) Aaron reassured me that there is no way he could break a bone in that face. It is way too padded. But his face was a little puffier than usual and he hasn't been his happy self, so I didn't take any more pictures today.
But we sure do love our little man. Here's a little video of his cute giggles. He loves playing with Daddy!
Stats about three weeks ago:
18lbs 13 oz -- 86th percentile
26.75 inches -- 76th percentile
Head 44.5 cm -- 82nd percentile

1 comment:

Emily said...

It appears we have twins! Sam is five weeks tomorrow and is almost 18 lbs! (Henry was barely 18 lbs when he turned one!) Sam loves to eat too and does the early morning snack. ;) We've got to get these two together someday. Big, happy babies are so fun!