Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trip to the Shedd

Last week was Spring Break. We had a couple extra play dates and a trip to the library, but the highlight for sure was the trip to the Shedd Aquarium. Dillon was in heaven! He LOVES sea animals, especially sharks, so this was right up his alley.
It was hard to get a good picture since we had to keep the flash off, but I tried. Dillon went crazy with the sharks. A girl did a little presentation and Dillon kept raising his hand to ask questions or just announce how much he loves sharks. It was so fun to see him so engaged. Jellies! Wesley's favorite was the sea horse -- closest thing to his favorite these days. He always says Dillon likes sea animals and he likes land animals -- the favorites being horses, lions and tigers.
Little boat ride.
My favorite part was the belugas. We stayed there quite a while.
It was Caleb's favorite part too. He was so cute pressing his nose up against the glass. He was just talking and making friends with everyone around.
Love my boys!
The penguins were fun too. Caleb LOVED getting right up there. There was one penguin that kept swimming right in front of us. Caleb just kept giggling.
The boys tried on penguin outfits too. It was hard to get a decent shot with all the kids running around but I managed one of Dillon.
I can't get enough of these two! Notice the white sided dolphins behind.
Here's an attempt at a group picture at the aquatic show which turned out to be very disappointing. That used to be our favorite part, but they've changed it and it's really gone down hill. I made sure to leave a comment.
The cool part about the aquatic show is the view. It looks right out over the lake!
And here's our attempt at a family picture. Do I look frazzled?!
How about here?
All in all it was a fantastic day with great company.
Check out my little newscaster:

That same newscaster has some great commentary at the end of this one!

3 comments:

Sara said...

"I'm going to miss the sharks when I leave."

Love that Dillon! (I love the last second commentary on that second video! ha ha!) What a great day!

Carrie said...

Your new picture on your header is awesome! You look gorgeous.

Shane and Amy Jo said...

I am so glad I have finally figured out what that "brown disgusting" stuff is. All this time I've been wondering!!! Thanks for the great reporting Dillon!!!