Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Friday, May 17, 2013

Great to be Eight

Dillon turned 8 today!  I suddenly feel old! We knew our evening would be busy, so we let Dillon open his presents first thing in the morning.
 He was pretty excited.
 Especially when he opened the aircraft carrier.  This boy loves jets and boats so it was perfect!
 He was super pleasant as he got ready to go to school.  I love how birthdays are so magical for children -- it really is the best day of the year for them.  I grabbed a quick picture of the birthday boy before he hopped on the bus.
 He came through the door after school just as excited about his special day -- and he was wearing quite the birthday hat, with the names of all his classmates.  He got right to playing with his new toys.
 We ate dinner at All Aboard Diner.


The boys went straight from dinner to the Father and Sons Camp Out with our church.  Hopefully they're not too cold...
A few things about my 8-year-old:
He loves jets, trains, boats (especially the Titanic), sharks and Harry Potter
He's getting better and better at piano and has an ear for music -- I love when he sings! 
He's a fantastic reader, a pretty good little artist, and is a great swimmer.
He's a great boy and I'm so grateful I get to be his mom!  I love you Dillon Maxce!


No comments: