Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day in the City

We always love spending time downtown.  We have German friends that used to live in Chicago and have moved back to Germany.  When Christine emailed that they would be in town I jumped at the chance to meet up with them.  We met at Millennium Park just in time for a dinosaur presentation that was pretty cool.  They had dinosaur puppets that were pretty life-like.
 T-Rex was pretty cool!
 There were some pretty terrified children in the audience!!!  Can you spot our boys?

 The best part of the day was reconnecting with my sweet friend Christine.  I miss seeing her and it was so fun to just talk!!!! 
We found a nearby Cosi and did just that :)
 The language barrier took a minute to get over, but eventually the boys reconnected too.
 They kept themselves entertained running the halls while the mommies chatted.
 As we walked back to our car we took some pictures of our favorite places in Chicago.
  I've always loved the Wrigley building.
We also stopped at the Picasso on Daley Plaza.

 The boys had a lot of fun turning this piece of artwork into a slide!

 I love the Chicago River too.
 You can see the Opera House in the background of this one.
 We had to capture a picture of Aaron's office.  The boys always love seeing where Daddy goes every day.
It was a great day!  I'm so glad we got to see the VanVoordens.  Christine is really one of my favorite people in the world.  I have been so blessed to have the most wonderful friends -- people I really connect with.  Christine is one of those.


No comments: