Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I love to see the Temple

One of my favorite parts of our trip was seeing the Nauvoo temple.  It's such a beautiful building in the middle of nowhere.
 After church on Sunday we took a few pictures on the temple grounds.
 Ok, just picture 20 years down the road, he's in a tux, she's in a white dress...I can totally see it!
 



This is a statue representing Joseph and Hyrum Smith's final ride before they headed to Carthage Jail.
We followed in their footsteps and drove to Carthage, IL.  The drive along the Mississippi was beautiful.
 Brothers.
This is inside the room where Joseph and Hyrum were killed.  It's so humbling to think of the sacrifice they made for all of us that would come after them.

 
 I grabbed a quick picture of the dads before we headed back to Chicago.
I'm so glad we were able to go to Nauvoo. It was a great getaway that strengthened testimonies and friendships. I have a lot to be grateful for!
 

No comments: