Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Friday, July 29, 2011

Three Months Old

Caleb is 3 months old! Although he looks like a 6 month-old baby. We are loving every bit of this chubby little baby. His fat cheeks are so kissable! Here are some fun pictures:

Blogger keeps downloading this sideways, sorry. I've tried to fix it three times.

Another sideways one, sorry.
Caleb is so smiley. If you catch his eye for one second he is just delighted to have someone interacting with him. He's a great baby. We still have to wrestle him occasionally to get him to bed at night but he's much less fussy than he was a month ago. And most nights he sleeps until 5:00ish AM, eats, and goes right back down until 8:00ish. He likes to talk and is working on his giggle too. (I tried to upload a video and it was having a hard time, I'll try again later.)
As far as the Momma, I feel pretty good. Between feedings, sickness, and summer storms, I'm still not getting the uninterrupted sleep I desperately need, but we're surviving. I'm having a harder time getting the baby weight off. I'm working out 3-5 times a week and don't feel like it's helping much. My belly flab is bad, so I've really been trying to do ab exercises. I haven't seen much improvement yet though. Maybe it would help to cut out my evening helping of ice cream :) My back gets pretty tired carrying this heavy baby and my large chest around, but the occasional chiropractic/massage therapist visit keeps me going. I've also started to lose my hair again -- man, these babies do a number on us!
I love having a little person to snuggle. There is just nothing like rocking a sleeping baby. I want to enjoy it more, but I'm usually in a hurry to get back to the other kids. So you first time moms out there, ENJOY IT! Savor every moment. I'm trying to. On the flip side, having other children around with a new baby can be great. Dillon is an awesome helper with Caleb. He puts his binkie in when we're in the car and will hold him and talk to him when I need a couple minutes before I can get him. He's great! This mother of three boys is surviving. I'm so grateful for my children. Most days I love being a mom and am thankful I get to do it.

4 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

Holy cow, he is such a chunk!! Hard to believe he is almost a couple weeks younger than our Abby. His cheeks and smile are adorable! Not sure how you can manage 3 boys, 2 kids are a handful enough for me right now! And I have no idea when you find time to exercise, way to go!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

We seriously know exactly what you mean!!! i could not have said it better myself! 3 Rocks your world! So fun though! He is super good looking! Love his smile.

Sue A. Frame said...

Such a cutie Natalie! Three IS hard!! Sounds like you are doing great though as you are even finding time to workout!! Good for you! Keep up the good work!

Diana, Jason, and Blake said...

It's good to hear an update on you guys. We really miss you! It's also fun to compare what's going on with Caleb to what's going on with Blake. He is working on his giggle too and it is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I'm sure Caleb's is pretty good too. We need to get these two together:)