Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Visit with Grandma and Grandpa: Part 4

The 4th of July!
We started the day at a local parade.
The kids found some good climbing trees while they waited for the parade to start.
Once it started, they became expert candy collectors. Rachel held her backpack open and Dillon ran around like crazy grabbing as much candy as he could. Sweet Rachel then went home and divided the candy evenly, making sure everyone got the same number of suckers, gumballs, tootsie rolls, etc. So cute!
The rest of us tried to find a shady spot -- it was HOT and HUMID!
The mommies and babies!
We got some Chicago classics (hot dogs, Italian beef) at Portillos for lunch and then, while the boys napped, Lori and I went to Hobby Lobby. We gave my mantle a little makeover. We also got a really cute Tuscan picture for the wall I'll have to take a pic of sometime. Lori is so talented. She walks through those stores and can put it all together whereas I just feel overwhelmed. She kind of gave me the decorating bug though. This week I went back to Hobby Lobby to get another item we'd looked at. I've also been painting frames and moving stuff around. I'll post pics when it looks just right. Stay tuned.That evening we went to the park for the fireworks.
Another attempt at a family picture.
It'll be a miracle if we EVER get something worth framing.Don and Lori make every picture look good!
Our little Chub!
Friends at the fireworks
During the show, Dillon and a neighbor hopped up on the Frisbee golf cages for a better view. I love these pics I got.
It was a fabulous Independence Day. Don and Lori flew out early the next morning. We LOVED having them here, on our turf, where they couldn't be distracted by work or anything else, they were just stuck with US. Thanks for making the sacrifice to come, you two. Let's do it again soon!

1 comment:

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Your mantle looks great, your boys are adorable, and I can't believe how grown up dillon is looking! Where's that little Virginia baby?! Crazy!