Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My sweet Dillon


Before this baby comes I wanted to highlight my first child. Dillon is just the best. He has his grumpy moments, but in general is such a great child. He has been so sweet lately. Yesterday morning he crawled into our bed and said," Mommy, I take care of you. I love you so much!" Then he leaned over and kissed me. The other day I was lying on the couch, not feeling very well. He came over, put a pillow under my head and proceeded to "check me" with his doctor tools. Bed time has been really sweet lately. If Aaron and I both go in to sing songs he'll join in and sing every word with us.

Dillon is REALLY into trains these days. He'll play with his train set for hours. And we rented a video on trains from the library that he absolutely loves! He is learning all the train terms (coach, Amtrak, diesel, tender, boxcar, etc.) But don't worry, cars and horses are still favorites. He also loves swimming this year. He's much more adventurous than in past years. He loves swinging right now too. When we go to the park he'll swing the whole time. He'll stay in that swing as long as I'll push. I wear out long before he does. He loves me to scratch his back and is always coming up to me, turning his back to me and saying, "Mommy, will you scratch my itchies?"
Dillon is my sweet little boy and I just think he is dang cute. He has been my little buddy for the past three years and I am going to miss all our one-on-one time. I think he'll be a great older brother and am excited for him to meet his new little friend.

3 comments:

Micah-n-Holly said...

We are so excited for you guys and all of the fun adventures that are ahead of you in the next month! Thanks for being so nice and we are really going to miss you when you head on out to Chicago! Keep us "posted" though:)

~Micah and Holly Gray
http://micahandholly2005.blogspot.com/

Shane and Amy Jo said...

He WILL be such an awesome big brother. I wish we could see Dillon more often...he just makes me laugh. He is so sweet and always has something interesting to say. You should definitely be one proud Mama! Good luck with these last few days. Can't wait until the next little one is here. Love you!!!

Jones Family said...

thanks for your comment. Dillon will be a great helper and big brother. good luck to you. i am anxiously waiting to hear the news.....while i am continuing to put on more pounds....lots. i am so happy for you. love you!