Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our New Chicago Home!

Okay, so it's not technically "ours," but we've signed a one-year lease and we're pretty excited about it. Here are a few photos of the "Quincy place" ('cause it's on Quincy Street). It's a 3 bed, 3 1/2 bath duplex. Nan's excited about the kitchen, Dillon's pumped to have a house with stairs, and I can hardly wait to do manly stuff in the garage...like...park my car in it...and maybe burp.
We're a li'l worried that our junky Wal-Mart furniture will look a bit out of place--like an Astro Van with a bunch of Corvettes or something. We'll live 0.4 miles from the nearest train station. To give you an idea of my commute, a 6:41 AM express train would get me to my office around 7:12, a 7:31 express train would get me in around 8:05. Of course the trains are running constantly, but not always "express."
Here's the plan: 1) have Baby #2 the first week of July (by the way, we're about 98% sure on his name but Nan has sworn me to secrecy 'cause she doesn't want to jinx it--don't worry, it's a good one); 2) take the bar exam the last week of July; 3) move to the Quincy place in Chicago the first week of August; 4) spend a couple weeks in Idaho/Utah; 5) start work the first week of September. So we figure by about mid-September we'll be ready for visitors! And Quincy has a full finished basement--plenty room for you and your sleeping bags.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Goodness, you guys are busy!

The house looks great! Good luck with all of that. I've probably mentioned this before, but Dave grew up in Chicago, but we've never been there together. So maybe we'll crash your pad one of these days. I don't think I could talk Dave into it (he doesn't have family to go back to there), but it's fun to pretend.

cb said...

Yeah for you guys! So happy that you've found a place. Let us know when you need Muscles, I mean Andy, over to help unload!

the Brims

Brianne Jensen said...

Okay, I am jealous of your beautiful kitchen! It's a beauty of a home! Congratulations on finding such a great place! Can't believe it's almost time for you guys to have your baby and then leave beautiful Charlottesville too. We leave one week from today, and it has me a little weepy. Wish we could stay and see little man born. We'll be watching your blog carfully! We love you guys! Good luck with the rest of your busy summer.

jenny said...

That looks like a really nice place. I just have one question...what the heck are you going to do with 3 1/2 bathrooms?!?! That is crazy.

Nan and Aaron said...

Jenny, Good question. It just means I have 4 toliets to clean! Yuk! But I guess we won't ever have to fight for bathroom/getting ready time even if we have a house full of guests. So you better come visit...you'll have your own private bathroom!

Becky R. said...

How fun, the house looks really nice! How's everything going in C'Ville? You're almost ready to give birth, holy cow! I'm excited to see pictures when he comes. Congratulations on your 5th anniversary too!

Brad Hanks said...

Good call on the year lease. By the time you are looking to buy, banks will be clubbing each other over the head to get you to buy one of properties!

I am almost sure that we would not on our way to anything and be passing by Chicago. Dang, why did my parents move from Michigan to Florida? But who knows there might be a conference up there some time.

Good luck with the baby and I can't wait to hear the name. Just so you know our first boy is almost certainly going to be Michael so I got dibs!

Melodie said...

Wow! Look at how things are coming together. If you have any spare time when you are in Utah, I would love to get together with you guys! I love it when you come to visit. Let's hope for Radio City Chicago 2008!