Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Idaho Trip: Time with G & G Hobbs

Twenty-three hours in the car is no fun. We do it straight through the night.  I like to think of it as ripping off the bandaide -- just get it done! The boys were really troopers and slept well through the night.  They also took a nice nap the last couple hours of the trip!
When we pulled in, one of the first stops was Grandpa's Garden. He's done a pretty great job with it this year. Go Dad! Wesley had lots of fun with the water and ended up getting soaked head to toe.


And then a picnic dinner.  What a great way to start our week!
 There was lots of fun with Grandpa,
 including mowing the lawn.



 And the boys had so much fun reading with Grandma.  I love that my mom always takes time to do that with my children.  The favorite was "The Bears Vacation"
 Fun at their house wouldn't have been complete without a campfire out back.
Thanks for your hospitality Mom and Dad.  Wish we could have stayed forever!

And a special thanks to my dad for saving our sweet little Wes during a scary choking moment.  Those two were already bonded, but this just sealed the deal.  I love seeing those two buddies together.  Wish I would've gotten a good pic of them side by side.  I was too busy enjoying!

No comments: