Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Years 2014

 We were back in Boise for New Years and I really pushed hard to try to plan a party. It worked.  "Bruke" decided to join us and the Tuckers.  They drove up during the day on New Years Eve, in time for the boys to get a little work done on the jeep.
Sometimes I don't love this big old thing in our garage, but most the time I love it, because it makes all these boys so happy.
 I was grateful to have some more time with my little sis too!

Amy and I both put together some yummy appetizers that we all enjoyed throughout the evening.

We played fun games like Headbandz and Charades with the kids before celebrating with them at 10:00. 
Poor Wesley had a run in with Cade's head moments before the countdown started.  He was pretty tough.
It was a very loud couple of minutes!!  BOYS!
 
Then we sent the kids to bed and started the real game -- Settlers of Catan.  It's been too long since we've played and I'm still not convinced the Tuckers really wanted to, but we had an opportunity to play without children around so we took it -- and I won.  Brought back good memories of our days in Virginia when we would play with our friends all the time!

We smooched our honeys at midnight, finished up the game and hit the sack.  All the Tucker children transported nicely back to their beds!

The next morning we enjoyed gingerbread waffles for breakfast. The boys took the jeep out while our tummies had settled, and then we headed to the rec center for some racquetball.  The men had a great time.  Britt and I spent some time on the elliptical and then attempted a racquetball game.  We were pretty entertaining!  I burned plenty of calories laughing at myself trying to move my pregnant body across the room fast enough to get the ball.

We had a yummy ham dinner before "Bruke" had to hit the road back to Twin Falls.  It was a great start to a New Year.  Thanks for driving to join us "Bruke".  And thanks for helping me host Amy.  Love you all!

No comments: