Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Everybody loves a good deal!

Even though we're not technically students anymore, we're are still trying to be pretty frugal. I've been excited about the deals I've found lately. We bought this dresser for Wesley's room at a garage sale for $15 and I am going to attempt to refinish it!! (The drawer is not actually missing.) Let's just say this is a way bigger project than I thought. I've been sanding all week and still have a long way to go. But I am actually enjoying this little project and will be really proud of myself if and when I complete it . I got all of these items for $35 at a second-hand store! We reached an all-time low when we took this tricycle from someone's garbage pile on their curb. The sad thing is, we weren't the only ones doing it. This week is Amnesty(?) week in Downers Grove (the next "village" over) when the garbage truck will pick up anything you put out (without needed the special stickers they usually require). People drive up and down the streets checking out everyone's stuff. It's like one huge garage sale!
All I can say is my mother would be so proud! It always takes a little more effort to get a good deal, but you can save a lot of money.

7 comments:

Micah-n-Holly said...

Yay for saving money:) The more you save, the more you have for the really fun stuff! And I am sure the dresser is going to look GREAT when you are finished with it! don't forget to post a picture of the finished product! I am glad that Chicago is treating you guys so well!!

Becky R. said...

Way to go! I love finding good deals! I'm excited to see what the dresser ends up looking like!

Jared and Jess said...

That's great. I always feel so much happier when I get a good deal.

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Yea for good deals! That's always the most rewarding shopping trip. I'm so proud of you for taking on the dresser project. So far, so good. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Hey...do you have Emily Brown's email??? If so, could you email her my email address so that she can invite to her blog now that it is private? Thanks.
amyjtucker@hotmail.com

amanda said...

hey i hope you don't mind that i peek at your blog every once in a while. those deals look great! i need someone to teach me the art of garage sales.

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.