Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Caleb's Arrival

Our little guy has arrived! Caleb was born on April 26th at 3:15 PM, weighing in at 7 lbs 14 oz.
We're so grateful he's here safe and sound. The delivery was so smooth. I'm a fan of inductions -- everything is just under control. We had babysitters all set up, it all happened during the day so we were awake, I got the epidural in plenty of time, et cetera, et cetera. It just makes it all enjoyable. They started pitocin at 9:15 AM, epidural around 11:00, broke my water around 11:30. My contractions weren't consistent so they kept increasing the pitocin. At 2:30 I was dilated to a 6. They kept asking if I was feeling pressure and as soon as the nurse left the room I really started feeling just that. I called her back and at 2:45 I was a complete 10 -- I'd progressed from a 6 to a 10 in 15 minutes! I'm so glad I had the epidural during that time. I had to hold off pushing for a minute so we could get the doctor there. Once he got there I pushed just a couple times and our little Caleb arrived!
Stay tuned for more pictures and updates!

11 comments:

Elysa said...

Many Congratulations!

The Wilker Family said...

He's adorable! So glad it went so smooth for you!

Sarah and Trent said...

Congratulations!!!! He is beautiful!

Robert and Jamie said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful (and handsome) family -- I realize the boys far outnumber the girl so I should use my adjectives carefully. So grateful all went well!

Janelle Dobson said...

Yay! So exciting! How fun you and Nicole both had your babies on the same day. I loved my induction too- I know they're not for everyone, but I think they get a lot of bad rap they don't deserve. So glad things went smoothly. He's beautiful.

Rich and Kristl said...

Congratulations! How fun to add a third beautiful baby boy to your crew. Hope you guys are doing well!

JoLyn Stevens said...

I'm so happy for you both! I, too, am a HUGE fan of epidurals. That second picture is amazing. Hugs to you all, and Great Aunt Jodi can't wait to meet Caleb!

Spencer P. said...

Congrats! Very exciting!

Makenzie Iorg said...

We are glad your delivery was so smooth and easy! It's great that you and Jason have babies born so close together. And I love the name Caleb.

Emily said...

Yeay! So glad you are done and have a SWEET little Caleb now! So happy for you! My turn! I hope my delivery goes just as smoothly. ;)

Amy said...

Congratulations! He is just adorable!