Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Baby celebration

My dear friends decided I needed to do a little pre-baby celebrating, even though I'm having my THIRD boy. They threw together a nice little open house for the occasion. The food was awesome.
The friends were even better...
and despite the "presents not necessary" line in the evite, I somehow ended up with lots of cute little gifts and donations to a "diaper fund".
Here's fat me with my beautiful hostesses. Thank you so much Nicole and Jacquie!
Once I got home, I had to get a couple shots of the cute diaper cake Nicole made before opening it up. She really went above and beyond.
It was actually really good for me to have a little shower. I have been so concentrated on my discomfort and the fact that I am going to have push this baby out and then I'll have THREE CHILDREN! I wasn't feeling any excitement about the new little person that is about to come into our home. Opening some cute little outfits reminded me how lucky I am to be able to welcome another baby into our family. Yes, labor can be rough, and the newborn stage is full of sleep deprivation and stress, but it's also full of wonderful moments when the other side of the veil seems not so far away. I really am grateful I get to do this all again. I can't wait to see what this little man looks like and what the future holds for him as he joins our family of FIVE! My due date is 2 weeks away but I've been experiencing lots of pre-labor symptoms so I'm curious to see when he decides to make his entrance! I'm grateful to be a mom. And to my little one, we can't wait to have you join our family!

4 comments:

Makenzie Iorg said...

We are thinking of you. You will be a great mother of 3! That diaper cake is so cute!

Nicole Ray said...

I have felt the same way! I can't wait to hold him and then I think I will feel happy about it cause right now all I can think of is all the more work it is gonna be. That is so sad! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

Diana, Jason, and Blake said...

I'm glad you got a chance to celebrate your new baby- definitely an event worth celebrating no matter how many boys you already have at home! I'm also glad I got to see some cute pics of you and your belly:) Know that we love you, we're thinking about you, and that there is someone out there feeling just as fat and uncomfortable as you are!

Debbie and Bobby said...

what nice friends you have :o) Looks like fun and congrats on boy number three! Maybe I need to send some of my girl vibes your way and you can send some boy vibes my way. Liam is getting tired of being the only boy!