Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, April 8, 2013

A pretty awesome birthday

One of the greatest things about my birthday is that it almost always lands during Spring Break.  So I've been to some fun places (or at least en route) on my special day -- Seattle, St. George, the Grand Canyon, Hawaii, San Francisco (to name a few) and now Savannah!

My cute sister showed up at the hotel with a poster she and Bradley had made!
 Then off to The Crab Shack for lunch.
 On our way in, we said hello to the 'gators.
 There were tons of them, much smaller than the wild ones we saw, and behind a cage -- I think I prefer them that way!
 Inside, we got ourselves settled and ordered The Southern Boil Specialty Platter!.
 Crab legs, crawdads, mussels, shrimp, corn, potatoes and sausage all boiled together!
 Aaron couldn't wait to dig in!
Poor little crawdads--we had fun popping off their little heads to get to the good stuff!
 Dillon thought it was fun at first.  Wes was the one that really ended up loving it.  I guess he's a seafood boy.  Unfortunately my fingers were way too buttery to pick up the camera and get any more pictures.
 Afterward we stopped over at the bird house,
 and then walked down to the water.
 It was beautiful.
 We couldn't leave without wrestling a 'gator!
 Cute cousins!
 The next stop for me was a spa pedicure -- courtesy of my awesome siblings!
Meanwhile, Aaron took the big boys to see "The Croods."
Back at Heather's, we got everyone settled and then Aaron and I took off for Hilton Head, South Carolina -- without the kids!  
The drive was beautiful - the moon rising on one side of the sky, while the sun was setting on the other.
 We checked in to our beachfront hotel and headed to dinner.
 I ended my birthday with this: Toasted Coconut Cheesecake drizzled with chocolate!
It was a pretty awesome birthday!  Thanks to all those who made it great.  I love getting phone calls from so many people I love!

1 comment:

Jerusalem Girl said...

Oh! All so cute and fun! That seafood platter was intense! WOW. I am glad Aaron and you had a few days as well. What a cute family you have! I love you!