Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Alligator Alley

As our first day in Georgia drew to a close, we went for a drive through a nearby wildlife preserve (they call it Alligator Alley) to see if we could spot some gators.  It was so beautiful! 
 I don't think I've ever seen marshlands before -- a totally new experience!
We drove through tunnels of trees...
 ...covered in Spanish Moss.
 It's kind of eerie. I guess they have nighttime haunted tours in the area.
  
 More than half way through we were getting worried because we still hadn't seen any gators. Then, it happened.  We spotted one, slowly moving through the water!  We were so excited I think I took 30 pictures of him.
But then we saw another...
and another...

 and another!
 We saw 18 in all!  In the wild!  It was pretty awesome.
The boys were pretty excited -- do they look scared??
 
 Caleb just loved the drive.
It was a perfect evening at Alligator Alley.

No comments: