Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easter 2013

My favorite things about Easter:
  • An opportunity to focus on our Savior and His resurrection
  • Easter Egg Hunts
  • Dying Easter Eggs
  • Springtime weather (sometimes, but not really in Chicago!)
  • Discovering the Easter Bunny's trail and baskets
  • Mini Cadbury Eggs -- especially when placed on top a peanut butter cookie fresh out of the oven
  • Seeing everyone's new outfits at church -- although we're never included in that group because I'm lame
This year we fit it all in, staring with a playgroup Easter Egg Hunt at the church.   I like doing these because it is controlled.  Everyone brings 10 eggs per child and each child gets to gather 10.  After that, they stop.  I've been to too many hunts where we leave in tears, empty handed while the bully next to us has 30 eggs!!
 Here are my boys, ready to go!  I LOVE these 3 boys!  (I should crop it, huh)

Caleb got to come in with the first, youngest, group.  He picked up the first egg and looked at me and said, "Egg!"  He was pretty proud of himself!
Holy cute face! 
 This little man kept stopping to open the eggs and I had to remind him to keep gathering while he could :)
Wesley does everything with excitement -- this event was no excuse.  I love this fun kid!
Looks like Dillon found some fun stuff too!
Check out that great smile!!
Reaping the benefits of their work
Three happy boys!
I couldn't get Caleb to stop shoving candy in his mouth long enough to snap a picture of him and best friend Julia. It was amazing how much he packed into those cheeks!
We made it back from our trip the night before Easter so the Bunny could find us.  And find us, he did.  He even left a trail.
The trail to the baskets

On Easter morning the big boys gathered jelly beans in their shirts while Caleb once again shoved them in as fast as possible.
The Easter Bunny did a great job this year, getting just a few things they really liked.
They enjoyed opening their cars and jets with Daddy.
After ingesting way too much sugar for 7:00AM, we headed to the kitchen for egg dying -- always Aaron's favorite.
We had just spent a week traveling as a family and I honestly loved this moment more than all of that -- just time at home with my boys!
Proud little Wes!
Then off to church to celebrate the best part of Easter -- The Savior.  I love our ward.  The speakers and musical number were phenomenal.  What do expect with 1 pianist, 3 violinist and a soloist, all professionally trained?! 
I made sure to have a friend snap a quick family picture before heading home.
I am so grateful for my Savior and for His sacrifice.  Because of Him, we have the opportunity to return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father someday.  There are days when I get real worried about the world around me and am so comforted by this knowledge.  I know my Savior atoned for me.  That is so humbling to consider.  I've been teaching the Young Women using the new curriculum this year and it is so amazing.  How fitting that we focused on the Savior and His Atonement during the month of March, leading up to Easter.  Studying and preparing for those lessons really helped me feel the Spirit of Easter this year.  How grateful I am for a calling that helps me grow closer to my Savior.  Happy Easter!

No comments: