Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Trip Part 3-Christmas Eve

Not a minute too soon, I completed my stocking at 5:00PM on Christmas Eve! Then I could finally relax and enjoy the holiday. I still can't believe a pulled it off. One week earlier, I was only half way. Go me! I have to give some credit to my awesome sisters-in-law who pitched in and helped me with a few pieces. Thank you ladies! To start off the festivities, a special visitor came to the house to deliver the Christmas pajamas. The kids were all pretty excited. Wesley was one of the first to jump up on his lap and what did he ask for?? A pillow!?! I still am not sure what that was all about. He had been talking about wanting a horsey all season, but suddenly I guess he changed his mind.
Dillon asked for Cranky the Crane---from the Thomas the train set.
Then we had a yummy dinner--Lori's traditional soup in bread bowls with lots of fun appetizers to go along.
I love this picture with Aunt Lauren. "Cheese!"
Lauren curled all the girls hair that day and I think we were pretty stunning!
If you lost track of one of the grandboys for a minute, this was the best place to look. They were all obsessed with the Christmas train---especially Dillon and Cade. I must say, things got a lot quieter when we finally put it away.
Jammie time!
Dillon had just been trampled by the cousins, so it was hard to get a smile out of him.
Upstairs awaiting our turn in the famous Pajama Parade!
It was quite the party. I think it was the most attended parade I've been to.
Dancing with Grandma--don't you love the leopard print?! Too bad those were 2 sizes too big.
We danced until we could dance no more and then settled down with some songs around the piano. After the kids were down we had the bi-annual stocking contest. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the event, but I am proud to announce that Aaron and I tied for first place! Pretty good especially considering it was the first year I entered and I finished my entry just hours before. It was a very entertaining and late night. Lots of fun to be had.

1 comment:

Justin and JoLyn said...

Looks like so much! And I, too, worked on my baby's stocking till Christmas Eve--but didn't get it done! Miss you guys!