Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Trip Part 5--Post Christmas

Fun family games
Reading with Grandma---she's the best with toddlers!!! We took a day trip to Boise to visit cousins. The boys had a lot of fun at Planet Kid. I love this picture of Wesley and Cade
Then out to dinner at Red Robin. It was fun to spend a little time in Boise. And to see Amy Jo and family. We'd have so much fun if we lived closer!! Lauren drove home with us.
New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful. We watched a movie until 11:30 and had a little toast at midnight.
The boys always love when Grandpa pulls out his doctor instruments.
Homemade pizzas with Grandma Lori---yummy
Taking down the tree---bittersweet
We drove back down to Utah on Monday the 3rd. Aaron flew out that night and I got to spend another day with Lindsay. My old roomie, Melodie, stopped by to visit. It was great to see her and catch up--sorry about the blurry pic--I think the lens was dirty.
We flew back on the 5th without too much trouble. My boys are awesome travellers. Dillon is my helper---I couldn't do it without him. He pushes Wesley in the stroller so I can carry the car seat and backpack. You should see him going through security---he's obviously done it a time or two--shoes off, on the belt, backpack on the belt, jacket off and in a bin, help Wesley get his shoes off, etc. I did some rough calculating and he's flown at least 30 times in his short life. Pretty crazy. That's what happens when you live so far from Grandma.
It was so good to come home. I think three weeks of living out of a suitcase made me more grateful for my own space. We've got a great thing here in Chicago and as long as we can go home a couple times a year I think I can be ok with that. I'm a little worried it's going to be lots harder to travel once #3 gets here, so that might slow us down a little. Sigh. It'll be interesting to see what our future holds...
Happy New Year!

No comments: