Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Monday, January 23, 2012

In the Words of a First Grader

Time to record Dillon's cute papers he brings home from school and clear them off the door where I like to display them. (Words in italics were the prompt he was given)
  • Petzza is scrumptious! I like the olivs. I help my mom make it. I like the petzza so much I eat more and more. I like the chese. I like the big pesies. My family likes petzza.
  • Do you like to gobble? I like to gobble cokes (cookies). I like the choklet chip ones. My mom likes them to. We eat them for snaks and dzert. My holl family likes them. I like them emunem ones to.
  • Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful. First, I am thankful for my family. They luve me. We play. Second I am thankdful for my home. We clene ower home. It givs us selter. Third I am thankful for horses. I ride them. I like the brown ones. Thanksgiving is fun. I like the terky. I can't wate for that day. I play on that day.
  • My Thanksgiving was amazing! I was a wolf. I attaked a 11 year old boy. His name is Sam. I eat and eat. I love the swet ptato.
  • Dillon's bruthers Wesley and Calube play whith him. Calube is redy to crol. Isn't that amasenge! I like that. He is happy alot. I hold him alot.
  • I would like to live in the country. Then I could ride ponese and horses. I could go to cherch. I could lern. I could go to the park.
  • A tree is beautiful! I climb trees! Trees are shelter for animals and people. That is good! Raccoons and squirrels and even ants can live in trees. Birds can live in trees. That is amazing!
  • Let me tell you about my bedroom I have a desk in it. I shar a bunkbed. I werk at my desk. I play with my bruthers. (His "desk" is the seat of a chair.)
  • The boy went to the beach. He saw lots of fish. Waw! He saw a pod of dolphins. They wer bodl nosd dolphins.
  • The snowman is amazed! He is amazed becus there's a rainbow. His name is Jasin. He is happy. He is hansum. He is six years old. He lives in a prity place. My Christmas Tree is butyful! There is a big big stor at the top. There are lots of ordments. I put anamals on the tree for fun. I pretend the tree is the oshene.
  • Christmas is a happy time of year. It is fun to give gifts. I am going to give the best gift of all to my mom. It will be a pink and plum ring. I am going to get it with my dad at Target. She will like it because it is colorful and her favorite color is plum. My mom will be so happy.
  • My best Christmas present was a dolphin. It was blue. It was adorabl. I named it Brittny. It was a gir. It is 12 munths old. It's berthday is on December 25th.
  • It's 2012! This year I would like to lern Gymnatix. Then I could pull mysellf up. Then I could pop a bone in 1 sekint. I would like to lern kroty.
  • The doorbell rang! It was a candycane! It brot gelo. It was lemin gelo. It was six inches wide and two feet tall. We ate and ate and ate. Our bellese wer so full that they were going to berst.
He is obviously obsessed with animals and food. And some of these sentences are a little alarming. Is his ideal Thanksgiving really one where he eats an 11 year old boy?! Lots of the sentences are sweet though too and it's fun to see him learn this crazy language of ours. One other thing I better record: The other day Dillon said, "Dad, it's so cool you make paper!" We were confused until we realized how many tablets of paper with Aaron's letterhead from work we have lying around. If Dad's name is printed on a paper, he must have made that paper! Pretty funny how children see things. We love our Dillon!

No comments: