Chandler Fam

Chandler Fam

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January

Traditionally, January is my least favorite month. There are usually some post-holiday blues along with a lot of cold. I usually find myself in survival mode until March or April. Originally I was going to title this post 'Surviving January', but this year, January hasn't been too bad -- mainly because we've had one of the warmest winters in history. We started the month AT THE PARK!
Being outside is good for the soul! We also had some inside fun, meeting up with friends at Monkey Bizness.
Caleb loved the crawling area!
We also met up with friends at Pump it Up. While we were there, Caleb clapped for the first time! So mad I didn't have my camera with video with me.
Wes loved the slides.
And he tried out the climbing wall.
Dillon did more than try it out, he did it over and over and over again
...and he kept getting about this high.
Then, right before it closed, and we were forced to leave, he tried one more time and made it to the top of the 20 foot wall!!! I was so proud of my boy for putting his mind to something and doing it. I wish I could have captured the smile on his face when he made it.
Dillon lost his fifth tooth this month. The best part was that he pulled it out on his own. I wasn't even around. I had run upstairs to get Caleb and when I came back, he was sitting at the kitchen table with a bloody tooth in his hand. My boy really is getting tough.
We also saw some snow this month. Caleb was fascinated watching white stuff fall from the sky.
Wesley loved getting out in the snow.
You should see him shovel!
Dillon made his own igloo and just laid inside for quite a while.
Just the right amount of snow for me. A year ago today was the beginning of the blizzard when we got over 2 feet of snow. And yet today we had temps in the upper 50s! Crazy.
So here's to a pretty decent January. Hopefully February doesn't stab us in the back!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Amen about January and February...they are tough months. We are ready for Spring and Summer! Fun pictures of your kids.